Wednesday, October 22, 2008

There is the World Itself

It's not often that I read a new book by a new author and fall completely in love with it. I saw Deanna Raybourn's Silent in the Grave at a bookstore and thought it looked interesting, so I requested it from my library. I read it and loved it. I read it again before I returned it, and checked it out twice more before the second book came out. My husband, exasperated by the fact I kept re-reading it said "Why don't you just BUY it?" How could I refuse? So now I am the proud owner of both Silent in the Grave and Silent in the Sanctuary. I am also eagerly awaiting the third book in March.

It was Deanna Raybourn's blog which inspired me to start one of my own, and it is the quote at the end of Silent in the Grave which is the inspiration for the title of my own blog.

The quote "For where thou art, there is the world itself, Wth every several pleasure in the world, And where thou art not, desolation. I can no more: live thou to joy thy life; Myself no joy in nought but that thou livest." is from the second part of King Henry the Sixth Act 3 Scene 2 and is Suffolk speaking to Queen Margaret. I was romantically touched by this quote and thought it a nice way to start my blog.

No comments: